Thursday, 29 December 2005 00:00
We got a great letter from a Lift Operations Manager who had something to say.
It went like this...
You cannot believe the things we hear when people call in sick!
Here are my top 10....
10. It's snowing out, are we going to open?
9. I can't come in because my wife say's I'm dehydrated.
8. I can't come in because I'm helping my father move a Harley.
7. I can't come in because I let my dog outside and it won't come back in. But I can see it.
6. I can't come in because I only have enough gas to get there.
5. I can't come in because my friend has the day off.
4. I can't come into work because I took a shower and got water in my ear.
3. 11pm....I can't come in tomorrow cause I can't sleep and I feel like #@&*.
2. 11:30pm...same person.....I can't come in cause I've been stabbed by my girlfriend! I'm going to the hospital!
1. I can't come in tomorrow because I'm getting a blood test to find out if the kid is mine
Would you ever buy these lines? We went out to everyone, and wouldn't you know, we found a few more...
Loved this: This guy in the lift department called in Thursday saying his girlfriend was having a baby and wouldn't be able to make it in that day...on the following Sunday, the girlfriend called boyfriend’s work, saying she needed to get in touch with her man because she was having his baby (she was breathing heavy on the phone and everything). No lie, this was last week!
And this: Here's my all time favorite--My kidneys are bleeding into my intestines. It's a genetic problem and I can't do anything about it, so I can't come in today.
And this: I can't come in to work today because I'll be stalking my previous boss, who fired me for not showing up for work. Okay?
And this: The dog ate my car keys. We're going to hitchhike to the vet.